The Big 50 Power Pack by Charles R. Smith Jr. Inspires Young Poets!
March 8th, 2013
With Poetry Month being right around the corner, now is the perfect time for Charles R. Smith Jr to announce his latest project, The Big 50 Power Pack. Sold for $20.00 you can energize your poetry and creative writing instruction with The Big 50 Power Pack powerpoint CD. The 15 photo and 35 writing prompts can be used throughout the year to expand vocabulary, improve confidence and inject fun into the writing process.
What exactly is The Big 50 Power Pack?
The Big 50 is a Powerpoint CD that includes 50 writing exercises. Many of the Common CoreStandards are covered and all of the exercises can be adapted for grades 3-12. The excerises were developed by Charles from his twelve years of experience doing writing workshops across the country. All grade levels, teaching college students, and veteran teachers have all participated in the workshops and provided valuable feedback.
Does The Big 50 Covery any of the Common Core Standards? YES!
- Reading Foundational Skills
– Phonic and word recognition
- Writing Skills
– Use precise language
-Use sensory details
– Use descriptive details
– Timed exercises
- Speaking and Listening
– Comprehension and collaboration
-Demonstrate understaing of figurative language, word relationships and nuances in word meanings.
– Interpret figurative language, including similies and metaphos, in context.
– Expand, combine, and reduce sentences for meaning, reader/listener interest, and styleAlso be on the lookout for….Charles’ new youtube channel!!! The channel includes videos of his performances and will soon include informational book talks on many of his publications.